Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find and print form T1032?

Where do I access turbo tax forms?
9 Replies
Moussi2

To split your pension income, you and your spouse or common-law partner must complete a Form T1032 â€” Joint Election to Split Pension Income.

• The form has to be signed by both parties and be available upon request by CRA.
  • The transferred portion is reported on Line 11600 of the income tax return of the transferee.
  • The deducted portion is reported on Line 21000 of the transferor’s income tax return
  • When you transfer some of your pension income, your taxes paid which are associated with the transferred amount will be reduced and transferred on the transferee’s income return. So Line 43700 of both returns will be changed accordingly.

For steps on Splitting Pension in TurboTax Online, please see:

How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

ctj73

What if the receiving spouse has died and we are forced to file separately.

How do you access the pension split or T1032 on each separate filer and do the inputs flow automatically between the transferor (surviving spouse) and receiver (deceased spouse)?  Both separate returns are being prepared under the same user ID. 

You would still access the pension split in the same way, but unfortunately, since you are filing separately, your return is not linked to your spouse. You would have to determine the amount you want to split yourself. 

discountdumping
Returning Member

When filing separate from my wife, why does the Pension split not show up in "Find?"   I want to enter the numbers manually, as we don't file together.  However, it doesn't appear the T1032 even shows as available. 

How do we either access the form, or directly enter the deducted portion for line 21000?

@discountdumping Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

discountdumping
Returning Member

I am using the online version.  I did last year, and was able to input my own T1032, and my wife did the same for her taxes.

There are many reasons why a couple will file separately, and many of those people might want to split the pension income.  Turbotax won't allow me to "find" the T1032 because we aren't filing as a couple.  I don't need turbotax to automatically split the income.  I am capable of doing the form myself.  Hate that this forces you to use another program for taxes. 

@discountdumping 

You'll be able to get to the pension splitting page when you go to the Review section. It will be under Tax-saving opportunities.

discountdumping
Returning Member

THANK YOU!  This did work.    

discountdumping
Returning Member

Although this works for me (The spouse splitting the pension) the program doesn't work for my wife. 

The pension splitting did not appear in her "review" and she isn't able to bring up any forms or boxes to accept the pension she is receiving from my return.