Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smpb0621

I chose not to Netfile as i do not have a cra account. I choose print and mail but now I am unsure what that means

3 Replies

I chose not to Netfile as i do not have a cra account. I choose print and mail but now I am unsure what that means

When you choose to "Print to Mail" you will print out your return and send it by mail through Canada Post to the CRA office appointed to you depending on which Province and city you live in.

shiv

Which file you should print? I can only see one PDF that in the application says you should not send to CRA and it is only for me. What about the direct deposit information? I cannot see it in the form

The forms you will need will be printed automatically for you when you click on "Print to Mail". You will continue until you get to the page that says would you like to NetFile or Print to Mail your return. This is where you will choose print to mail and you will notice a barcode on the first page which

contains the tax information from your T1 tax form and the other supporting forms that were used to calculate your return, in a format that CRA's computers can read.

When you print your return to mail it to CRA, not all your forms are printed. Instead, they're "condensed" in the barcodes. This allows CRA to process your return faster and with greater accuracy.

There are some circumstances where a barcode won't print on your return. If a barcode doesn't print, don't worry. Simply mail in what did print out.

Because CRA does not have your information as of yet, they will send you a cheque by mail. 

This is the information from CRA on how to provide them with your direct deposit.