Solved: I want to print my return for the moment without f...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to print my return for the moment without filing it at this time; is that possible and how?

Don't want to file just want to print a copy, possible??
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I want to print my return for the moment without filing it at this time; is that possible and how?

Thank you for your question.

Here are the steps to print your return. While you will not have to Netfile first, you will need to complete the payment for your return before printing.

To print your return, complete the following steps:

1. From TurboTax online edition, go to the File menu and select Print Your Tax Return.
    A message appears recommending that you download a copy of your return as a PDF file for your records.
  2. Select the link labelled Click Here To Download FirstName’s Federal Return.
    The file is downloaded to your computer as a PDF file.
  3. Open the file.
  4. Select the print icon and follow the prompts to send the file to your printer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Thank you for your question.

Here are the steps to print your return. While you will not have to Netfile first, you will need to complete the payment for your return before printing.

To print your return, complete the following steps:

1. From TurboTax online edition, go to the File menu and select Print Your Tax Return.
    A message appears recommending that you download a copy of your return as a PDF file for your records.
  2. Select the link labelled Click Here To Download FirstName’s Federal Return.
  3. Open the file.
  4. Select the print icon and follow the prompts to send the file to your printer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I don't see an option called Print Your Tax Return under the File menu.  Can a return be printed before filing using the free version?
Highlighted

Good morning ,
There are two ways to print from the Free edition. Print after Netfiling or Print for mailing (instead of Netfiling)
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1328300-how-do-i-print-or-save-my-tax-return-in-turbo...
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1322790-in-turbotax-free-how-can-i-print-my-return-so...
I hope this helps.
Leeanne@TurboTax
Highlighted

I already paid
Highlighted

Good morning,

From TurboTax online edition, go to the File menu and select Print Your Tax Return
Select the link labelled Click Here To Download FirstName’s Federal Return.
Open the file.
Select the print icon and follow the prompts to send the file to your printer.
Following these steps after paying, does not allow you to save a copy? Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
Thank you,
Leeanne@TurboTax
Highlighted

@buda34c If you have already paid and are being asked to pay again when printing, kindly contact TurboTax Support and an agent will be glad to assist you. To get a direct line to someone who can help, click the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
v