Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogshill

If when I try to print and mail a return the select printer box appears and no printers are there to select , can I still print?

I am trying to print a copy of a 2018 return to mail, when I hit the print and mail button a dropdown box appears asking me to select printer, there are no printers there to select and when I hit the find printer button no items are found. what do I do?

1 Reply

If when I try to print and mail a return the select printer box appears and no printers are there to select , can I still print?

If you have a printer, make sure it is turned on and connected to your pc. Make sure it’s installed properly. Check the manufacturer’s website for driver updates and support if it’s not working right. You may just need to reboot your computer.

If you don’t have a printer, or the one you have is not functioning correctly, you can save a pdf copy of your return. Then you can print it somewhere else, like Staples or a local library. Here is how to save a PDF copy of your tax returns in the CD/download edition of TurboTax: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2985586