Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
pdelis

How do I print a summery of my return for my files? I do not want to print out the entire tax return.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I print a summery of my return for my files? I do not want to print out the entire tax return.

I would highly recommend downloading and printing a copy of your returns for your personal records. 

If your looking to print a quick summary, you can do the following:

•  Click the Review Tab near the top of the screen (one of the blue tabs)
    • Click Review -> Bottom Line (Tax summaries)
  • Once your on the "Let's Review Your Numbers" page
    • Click the "Detailed Tax Summary" link near the bottom of the page
  • You can print this "Detailed Tax Summary" page as quick summary of your return.
    • Note: There are two versions of this page -- "balances only" has less information that the "details" version of the page. Choose whichever you prefer.
  • Once you decided which summary you want to print, use your browsers options to print the page. 
    • How to print depends on the browser, but most will let you right click on a page and press "Print...".

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I would highly recommend downloading and printing a copy of your returns for your personal records. 

If your looking to print a quick summary, you can do the following:

•  Click the Review Tab near the top of the screen (one of the blue tabs)
    • Click Review -> Bottom Line (Tax summaries)
  • Once your on the "Let's Review Your Numbers" page
    • Click the "Detailed Tax Summary" link near the bottom of the page
  • You can print this "Detailed Tax Summary" page as quick summary of your return.
    • Note: There are two versions of this page -- "balances only" has less information that the "details" version of the page. Choose whichever you prefer.
  • Once you decided which summary you want to print, use your browsers options to print the page. 
    • How to print depends on the browser, but most will let you right click on a page and press "Print...".
ariazain
Returning Member

I filed my income tax a few hours ago but did not print a copy. Can I print a copy now. Thanks

Yes, even if you have filed your return you can go back and print a copy of your return. 

How do I print/save a copy of my return in TurboTax Online?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

I have tried numerous times and I can't get just the Detailed Tax Summary to print. Help please 

@Debbie1958 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I'm using DVD download 

DVD download 

@Debbie1958 To do this, click the Forms icon on the blue menu bar. Then select File > Print Form from the top menu. Search for ā€œdsumā€. Select ā€œDetailed Tax Summaryā€ from the list, then click the ā€œOKā€ button. You may have to uncheck ā€œShow Open Forms Onlyā€ if you donā€™t see DSUM in the list.

To get back to EasyStep mode, just click the EasyStep icon on the blue menu bar.