Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot print my return because the "final forms" are not available for 2019. When will this be resolved?

5 Replies

I cannot print my return because the "final forms" are not available for 2019. When will this be resolved?

We hope to have this resolved shortly.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As of the Update Package installed on December 21, 2021, the same problem exists i.e. "Cannot print an individual form because the 'final forms' are not available for 2021".  Why is the same problem still occurring in 2021 when you knew about it in 2019?  Sheesh!

Every year, we must re-certify the forms that we use to create our software with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Until those forms are finalized, we have to prevent our users from printing, so that they don't accidentally send incorrect or out-of-date forms to the CRA.

You will be able to print your return on February 21, 2022, when NETFILE opens.

Thanks for your reply but it is not very helpful.  Being able to print various forms, regardless of their completeness or final accuracy, is useful to the user using TurboTax to test the results of various input scenarios.  Without the ability to print forms now, users must manually record or take computer screen-shots of the TurboTax output in order to compare them.  Frankly, waiting until February to be able to do so (when the forms are to be finalized) is ridiculous.

Intuit needs to give its users more credit.  The software repeatedly tells us that it isn't yet finalized.  We understand that.  Most of us don't have any of our T-slips yet so we cannot file our returns anyway.  We simply want the ability to print forms now, so that we can see what the effects are of changing various input parameters, without having to manually record that output.

Intuit can put a disclaimer on these not-up-to-date forms if it somehow feels there will be a problem.

I will pass on your comments and concerns to our product development team. Thank you for your input.