Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a return ready to go for the 2020 Canadian tax year but I cannot choose the netfile radial button. I can only choose to print and mail? Is netfile not available?

7 Replies

I have a return ready to go for the 2020 Canadian tax year but I cannot choose the netfile radial button. I can only choose to print and mail? Is netfile not available?

Today, February 22 was the opening day of NETFILE. To help you, first, log out and back in again to see if NETFILE is now online as there was a server overload occurrence. Second, please verify our TurboTax FAQ included below: 

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

If you need additional help, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

janstel7

I have logged out and restarted the program many times and cannot choose the netfile option.  I cannot find a link on the CRA website to netfile.  Is that no longer an option?

Here are our TurboTax FAQ links to guide you with using the NETFILE service. 

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?

In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE servi...

If unable to NETFILE, please review the list of errors and ineligibility list included in the links below to see if any of the situations apply.

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

Why do I get an error when I try to submit my return through the CRA’s NETFILE service?

If additional help is required, we believe one of our telephone support agents would be able to help you further as they can view your screen, if necessary, to guide you. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

ipurdy19

When is Netfile going to be available?

It does not seem that the previous poster's questions have been answered.  CRA have opened Netfile as of Feb  22. 

I purchase Turbotax for the sole purpose of the convenience of the Netfile option, and am a bit annoyed when it doesn't work.   So, when are the updates going to be available to enable this functionality?

janstel7

Getting pretty frustrated. The Contact Us Form does provide a phone number that gives automated answers and links to the same old stuff with no answers. 

janstel7

You are right. My questions have NOT been answered. 

janstel7

I now have the answer! There are two forms left that CRA has not finalized, one is T657, Cap Gains.  If that form is listed in the Forms box, on the bottom of the return you are working on, beside the Tslip, receipt box you can’t E-file YET!  That form is listed in my return, but no numbers on it and you cannot eliminate it from the list. 

Patience, people!