Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print the PDF of my tax return when the file they gave me is not a PDF??!! It's coming through as gibberish. Is there another way to access my return document?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I print the PDF of my tax return when the file they gave me is not a PDF??!! It's coming through as gibberish. Is there another way to access my return document?

TurboTax Online can only output PDF files. The file may be corrupt because it’s not downloading correctly.

Try clearing you cache, or using a different browser, and then re-download the PDF file.

Here is how to clear your cache (browsing history): https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647843

When it gives you the link to your PDF, don’t click directly on it. Instead, Right-Click the link and choose “Save Link As”, and save it to your desktop or wherever it’s easy for you to find. Make sure that when it saves it is saving as Your-Name-archive-cra-18.pdf and not octet-stream or something weird like that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TurboTax Online can only output PDF files. The file may be corrupt because it’s not downloading correctly.

Try clearing you cache, or using a different browser, and then re-download the PDF file.

Here is how to clear your cache (browsing history): https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647843

When it gives you the link to your PDF, don’t click directly on it. Instead, Right-Click the link and choose “Save Link As”, and save it to your desktop or wherever it’s easy for you to find. Make sure that when it saves it is saving as Your-Name-archive-cra-18.pdf and not octet-stream or something weird like that.

Try re-downloading the pdf file. Click “File”, then “CRA Online Mail” in the left side menu, and continue from there until you get back to the Print & Mail page.

Also make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader for your OS.

I filed mine and my husband's taxes at the same time. His completed T1 form is legible because it's a PDF. Mine is not a PDF, I cannot read/understand the current file format for my completed T1 form. Is there any way Turbo Tax can convert that document to an actual PDF, like it's supposed to be?