Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to print my return for filing, it says page 8 of 8 at the end, but there are only 4 pages in the PDF. Where are the missing pages?

8 Replies

When I try to print my return for filing, it says page 8 of 8 at the end, but there are only 4 pages in the PDF. Where are the missing pages?

As per this TurboTax FAQ - Why is there a bar code on my T1 General?: When you print your return to mail it to CRA, not all your forms are printed. Instead, they're "condensed" in the barcodes. This allows CRA to process your return faster and with greater accuracy.

I'm very frustrated and annoyed regarding the missing printed pages of a return for a deceased individual and the time I spent trying to determine why this happening and how to correct the situation.  

I'm filing a return for a deceased person and need to print a copy of the return to send directly to CRA, the printed copy is missing pages.  I've been struggling for over an hour trying to find out how to correct this problem.  I used every support provided within the application several times, changing the wording of the problem, which didn't come close to helping me. As this was a technical issue, not a tax issue I didn't feel like paying for support to speak to someone.   I finally left the app and searched online and found a phone # for support.  Still didn't speak to anyone but was sent an email with links that may help, the links didn't work.  Further searching online led me to the answer regarding my missing pages, the bar codes printed on the first page replace the requirement to print all of the pages of the return.  This information should have been mentioned up-front prior, or subsequent to printing the return.  I'm sure I'm not the only person to question why the pages are missing.

I've been using Turbo Tax for quite a few years and have found it informative and very easy to use so I'm quite surprised that a statement regarding the modified printed return isn't provided.  

Sorry for your loss. Yes you are correct that the barcode replaces the missing pages as the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) gets all of the returns information through that one barcode. Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

@summer3147 If ever you have difficulty reaching us with our Contact Us FAQ, please say NO when asked if you wish to receive an email then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line for a person to help you.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

questionsforever
Returning Member

So this is very confusing. I did a print of my tax return and it said at bottom page 1 of 8 , 2 of 8, then the T1-KFS keying summary (2 pages), then a final page 8 of 8. Where is page 3,4,5,6,7 of 8!? Do I just mail what Turbotax printed without the missing 5 pages??

Yes, you can mail what has been printed and make sure to include the T1-KFS as this is the most important page that holds all the information coming from every page of your return. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) uses this page to enter all your information from your tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

questionsforever
Returning Member

This is what I did today. I just hope they transcribe? the numbers properly.

You will have a barcode and it will have all your information on it for the CRA.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.