Note: If you purchased TurboTax on CD and it won’t install, please download a copy of the software from this link instead: Download the CD/download edition of TurboTax
Things you need to consider before you begin installing TurboTax
- To ensure that TurboTax is compatible with your system, review the system requirements.
- Keep your TurboTax installation key
- Log on to Windows using an account with administrator privileges; that is, do NOT use guest accounts or standard user accounts. (How to determine user account type in Windows)
- To activate your TurboTax software, make sure you have Internet access from your computer. Alternatively, you can activate TurboTax over the phone.
- To ensure that the TurboTax activation process over the Internet goes smoothly, consider temporarily disabling all antivirus, firewall, and antispyware software.