Below are the system requirements for TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and TurboTax 20 for tax year 2021:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- Operating System: Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11 (Windows 7 and 8 not supported)
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0 or later
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or more
- Hard Drive Space: 500 GB free hard drive space
- .NET Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Windows 10 already includes the necessary .NET Framework files)
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or faster (broadband connection recommended)
- Display: 1024x768 minimum resolution; 16-bit or higher colour
- CD Drive: CD drive required if you're installing from a CD (alternatively, you can download TurboTax from the internet)
- Third-Party Software: Adobe Reader 10 or later (or compatible PDF reader)
- Audio: Windows-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones if you need to access support content in multimedia format
- Printer: Any printer supported by your version of Windows
If your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements, you can consider using TurboTax online editions.
Note: You can install TurboTax for the tax year 2021 on up to three computers. Also, before you start using TurboTax, you need to activate it over the internet.