If you purchased TurboTax on CD and it won’t install, please download and install the software from the following link: Download the CD/download edition of TurboTax.
To complete the installation, you’ll need the Installation Key Code from your CD envelope.
- For solutions to problems related to the Microsoft .NET Framework, click here.
- See also the Microsoft Knowledgebase article, How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer.
There are many types of Windows Installer errors, most including a 4 or 5-digit reference code. Some of the more common ones are listed below:
Please note:Articles are hosted on the TurboTax US site, so some steps may differ for Canadian users.
- 1312: Can't create folder
- 1316: MSI Install Exception occurred
- 1324: Invalid character
- 1327: Windows Installer cannot write to the specified drive
- 1334: Error Installing C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitTurboTax
- 1335: Cabinet file is corrupt
- 1406: Could not write value to key
- 1601: Windows Installer service could not be accessed.
- 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- 1604: Installation suspended, incomplete.
- 1605: Unable to flush wrapper.msi
- 1606: Could not access network location
- 1612: Installation source not available
- 1618: Another installation is already in progress.
- 1621: Error starting the Windows Installer service user interface.
- 1622: Error opening installation log file.
- 1625: Installation is forbidden by system policy...
- 1631: Windows Installer service failed to start...
- 1632: The temp folder is either full or inaccessible.
- 1633: Installation package is not supported on this platform.
- 1635: This update package could not be opened...
- 1640: Installation from a Terminal Server client session not permitted...
- 1719: Windows Installer not accessible
- 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly
- 20888-series errors
- 2203: Unexpected error installing package
- 2350: Microsoft Installer error
- 25015: Failed to install assembly...
- 2720: Microsoft Installer error
- 4098: Installation of Windows Installer components failed.
- 4099: Windows Installer is not installed properly...
- 4101: Another instance of setup is already running.
- 4113: Beta NDP components detected.
- 4121: One or more prerequisites for this product is missing.
- 65535: Unexpected error
- 8191: Setup failure—unknown reason
- 8192: Reboot is required.