Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 20, 2020 10:03:45 AM

Moved to Ontario from Québec, worked in Ontario the whole year and I have a relevé-1

I am a federal employee. In 2019, I was working in Ontario, but living in Québec. I moved to Ontario towards the end of the year, therefore I will be filing with Ontario. Since I was living in Québec, I had my employer deduct more tax from my remuneration, in order to cover the Québec taxes at the end of the year. I now have received a T4 and a relevé-1. 

Since I am filing in Ontario, the Relevé-1 form does not appear. I switched my work address to Quebec to see if it would appear & it does. The problem is I didn't work in Québec. 

How can I include my relevé-1 in my declaration in order to get back the additional tax deductions?

0 2 521
2 Replies
Level 13
Apr 23, 2020 3:06:25 PM

Because all you need to do is capture and report the QC tax paid, here's what you do: 

First, use the option for "l worked in QC" 

Then create a new T4 for with box 10 set to QC and enter the amount paid on the RL-1 as tax paid in the box E appearing at the bottom on the T4 with nothing else on the T4. Hence, nothing is reporting as a T4 to CRA: 

By doing this, the QC tax will be reported and the rest of the entries are accurate. 

Returning Member
Apr 27, 2020 5:51:01 AM

Thank you