Solved: Can I enter moving expenses with FREE version of T...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I enter moving expenses with FREE version of Turbo Tax? I am prompted to enter date of move, but cannot enter moving expenses anywhere.

In the RESIDENCY Section, I am prompted "If your province or territory of residence changed in 2015, enter the date of change". After entering date of change, there is no further question regarding my moving expenses. Please help! Thanks. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Can I enter moving expenses with FREE version of Turbo Tax? I am prompted to enter date of move, but cannot enter moving expenses anywhere.

Hello, 

Unlike TurboTax Standard, TurboTax Free does not provide a guided experience to help you complete your tax return. You can, however, find all of the slips and forms you need from the Your Taxes page. 

Here's how to find the T1M Moving Expenses form: 

1. From the home page in TurboTax Free, select Your Taxes
  2. On the Your Taxes page, in the field labelled + Add a form/slip to your return, type Moving.
  3. From the list that appears, select T1M: Moving Expenses.
    The T1M Moving expenses form appears. 
  4. Complete the form and select Next.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello, 

Unlike TurboTax Standard, TurboTax Free does not provide a guided experience to help you complete your tax return. You can, however, find all of the slips and forms you need from the Your Taxes page. 

Here's how to find the T1M Moving Expenses form: 

1. From the home page in TurboTax Free, select Your Taxes
  2. On the Your Taxes page, in the field labelled + Add a form/slip to your return, type Moving.
  3. From the list that appears, select T1M: Moving Expenses.
    The T1M Moving expenses form appears. 
  4. Complete the form and select Next.

View solution in original post

v