Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I override and do a delete on the information that was input into the clergy residence section in error

Used CRA Data Base when filing. Was reviewing the Income Tax file before filing because there had been Warnings posted when I was inputing this persons' information , On review, even though I remember  inputing that this person had not changed residence during the 2018 taxation year,or during the previous year, the Clergy Residence portion was completed?   I am questioning if this has ever happened to someone else in the CRA database whose information was pre-filled and how does it get deleted?

1 Reply

Can I override and do a delete on the information that was input into the clergy residence section in error

If you have a T4, check that any amount for Box 30 is in the correct box. There is a box 30 for Non-Clergy Housing, Board and Lodging, and one for Clergy housing allowance. If there is any amount in the one for the Clergy housing allowance, delete it and put it in the other box 30.

You can also select Income>Employment Status> Employment Status Profile from the left side menu, and make sure Clergy Residence Deduction is not checked on that page.