Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use standard edition for a t5008 slip

I bought the standard edition tax program. Am I able to use it if I have a t5008 tax slip

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you sure can. The Standard version does offer you the T5008. If it asks you to upgrade, just click "No thank you".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bromanin

I purchased a GIC in 2017 from a brokerage and it matured in 2018. Erroneously,the Statement of Securities Transactions submitted to CRA by the brokerage shows the disposition amount but no cost/ACB. The cost/ACB of a GIC is the face value. Which versions of TurboTax can calculate the correct investment income (zero capital gains only interest income in the case of a redeemed GIC)?  Also, to be complete, where do I enter this in TurboTax (rather than importing from CRA), and can you assure me it will report the correct investment income?

Yes, you sure can. The Standard version does offer you the T5008. If it asks you to upgrade, just click "No thank you".

rsiddon

I cannot get access to the t5008 in TurboTax for 2021 taxes without upgrading to premium.  

Has this changed? It worked last year.

Yes. For 2021, things like capital gains/losses, dividends & foreign income are only available in TurboTax Premier Online (or higher).

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Just a way for Turbo Tax to take more money from us. For 7 years I have used the standard form of turbo tax and never had an issue, now they want 35+tax to do exactly the same thing. Never again Turbo Tax.