Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain why my existing (from my day job) refund drops to zero when I enter self-employed business with a net income of $0.00.

2 Replies

Can someone explain why my existing (from my day job) refund drops to zero when I enter self-employed business with a net income of $0.00.

When I enter my T4 for about $35k it shows a refund of $400. But then I go through the self employed section enter income $7000, and car and home deductions it say my Self employed Net income is $0.00. But my refund drops down to $0.01. The same thing happened last year. I'm just trying to understand it. How come adding $0 makes my refund disappear?

It's extremely difficult to determine from this forum without seeing your entire tax situation why this is happening. If you wish to provide more details we might be able to cast some more light on this for you.

Or you can contact our Support Team and have an agent take a closer look at your return. Here's how:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013