Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbgibson1

Clergy residence form

I am a clergy member and use the clergy residence deduction.  For some reason the form is also showing up for my wife who is not a clergy.  How do I drop her from this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Clergy residence form

Please just continue and do not enter any information on that form. Because you are filing together it will automatically bring one up with her name. Simply complete the clergy residence form under your name.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Clergy residence form

Is her name on the form? or is it simply a blank form?
cbgibson1

Clergy residence form

Her name was automatically put on a form, a separate one for her.  She is not ordained or never has used this form.

Clergy residence form

Please just continue and do not enter any information on that form. Because you are filing together it will automatically bring one up with her name. Simply complete the clergy residence form under your name.

Clergy residence form

For the ONLINE version: 

When doing the returns, finish the interviews for both husband and wife. 

Then click on Income, then click on Employment Expenses Profile. The list will come up. Just put a checkmark in the box of the clergy, and obviously leave the spouse's empty. The pages will now appear for the clergy ONLY. 

Should be almost the same process on the download version. 

Clergy residence form

Exactly, for the online version, you need to click the Income tab > Employment Status Profile.

There you can select clergy residence deduction for you and then on the next page, you can input what information applies to you.

When you click continue, you will be provided with the same form as yourself regarding clergy fees but this time for your wife.

At this point, you need to leave the information sheet blank, or, she will also have the deduction.

I hope this information was helpful!