Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how I can claim "Work-Space in the Home Expenses" for two locations? I moved during the year and Turbotax just lets me claim the amount for one property.

I give up. Easy Step asks me if I have another employer, not another location. So and if say yes and fill out the info for my second location, it creates two T777 forms. Is that to be expected?

I understand that I have to do 2 calculation and I have done that. I used CRA.'s online calculator, so I have the two amounts. How do I enter that? 

Does anyone know how I can claim "Work-Space in the Home Expenses" for two locations? I moved during the year and Turbotax just lets me claim the amount for one property.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I don't like having to call, but I guess I have to if there is no clear answer that I can get here.

We suggest that you contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281so that they can clarify how to enter your 2 home addresses for business. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

WarODO

Hey @jeneend - Any chance you can share what resolution you came up with, if any, by contacting Intuit?

@WarODO If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you can have 2 T777 forms, one for each location.

If you are using TurboTax Online, you'll either have to combine the two locations together, or file with one location and then do an adjustment to add the other.