Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For 2125 business-use-home expenses, I typed in all the numbers, but on the summary it shows 0 for business -use-of-home expenses. I'm wondering why

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For 2125 business-use-home expenses, I typed in all the numbers, but on the summary it shows 0 for business -use-of-home expenses. I'm wondering why

You can only claim business use of home expenses to the extent that your net business income is greater than zero.  In this case, since you have a net loss, the amount of this year's business use of home expenses will be carried forward to next year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Is your net income after deducting your regular business expenses (but before business use of home expenses) greater than zero?

No, it is negative already

You can only claim business use of home expenses to the extent that your net business income is greater than zero.  In this case, since you have a net loss, the amount of this year's business use of home expenses will be carried forward to next year.

Raunak123

How to carry forward ? Does it come automatically next year or we have to manually select any option. It’s not showing up in the transferred to next year summary.