Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericn

For self employed persons, can you claim the expense to take the 407 ETR to and from a job. I'm a freelance photographer.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For self employed persons, can you claim the expense to take the 407 ETR to and from a job. I'm a freelance photographer.

I would initially tell you to claim it as a business expense, but before I say that, I would suggest that you contact the CRA directly - 1 800 959 8281 -  to find out if this is an allowable claim. 

They may state it is not, as it is your "personal choice" to using this highway as opposed to the 400 or 401.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I would initially tell you to claim it as a business expense, but before I say that, I would suggest that you contact the CRA directly - 1 800 959 8281 -  to find out if this is an allowable claim. 

They may state it is not, as it is your "personal choice" to using this highway as opposed to the 400 or 401.

ericn

Thank you for your response. I'll check with the CRA.

You are most welcome! Whatever they say, get it in writing and hold onto whatever receipts you have to validate your request based on your personal situation.  Good luck!