Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyeva

How do I edit auto-fill my return? It auto-filled a whole list of statement of securities transactions which I want to delete but I cannot find ways to do that.

1 Reply

How do I edit auto-fill my return? It auto-filled a whole list of statement of securities transactions which I want to delete but I cannot find ways to do that.

If you would like to delete the T5008 entries which have been imported to your tax return using the CRA Autofill My Return (AFR) service, you will need to return to the T5008 Summary page and delete each one individually. 

Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below:

If you used the CRA AutoFill My Return feature (AFR) to import your tax information and have many T5008 slips, you may need to "Edit" each T5008 slip from the T5008 Summary page to add your Box 20 amounts if they have not been imported.

• You can also choose to add up all your T5008 slips and enter as one entry on the T5008 slip screen. 
    • If you choose to enter as one transaction, delete the previous entries that have been imported, then add all your Box 20 amounts and Box 21 amounts and enter in the corresponding boxes on the T5008 Slip Screen. 

After completing all your entries, if you have a Capital Gain, you will see it on Line 127 of the Detailed Tax Summary.