Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb-

How do I enter home expenses for two businesses that operate from the same home office space at different points in the year? Should I claim all expenses in one business?

One business wasn't officially registered, I just performed work under my own name. I started a registered business in the same year doing the same kind of work.
2 Replies

How do I enter home expenses for two businesses that operate from the same home office space at different points in the year? Should I claim all expenses in one business?

You can claim home office expenses for both- and just claim for the months you used the space for each business since you used the same space for both at different times.

if one business was 50% personal use and the other business was 100% at same home do I just put same amount for costs of insurance and home expense on both including property tax? or different amount (electricity etc). the rooms I used in the house are different.