Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter net capital losses in turbotax online version (not the downloaded version)? It goes on line 25300 but I can't access the forms via online version.

Is it even necessary to enter the $ of unused net capital losses in my taxes if I'm not applying them to this tax year?
1 Reply

How do I enter net capital losses in turbotax online version (not the downloaded version)? It goes on line 25300 but I can't access the forms via online version.

Please find the information on how to enter the previous years’ losses from your Notice of Assessment in this discussion.

To enter Net Capital Losses using TurboTax Online (or EasyStep view of TurboTax CD/Download): 

• From the sidebar click Deductions > Losses Profile > Net Capital Loss Carryforward > check the box beside Net Capital Losses and Continue. 
    • On the page titled Net Capital Loss Carry Forwards, enter the amount shown on your Notice of Assessment.

Also, please check Where do I report capital gains or losses in TurboTax Online?

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.