Solved: How do I stop this crappy program from constantly ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I stop this crappy program from constantly freezing. This is the worst product Turbo Tax/Quick Tax has ever produced.

"How do I stop this crappy program from constantly freezing. This is the worst product Turbo Tax/Quick Tax has ever produced. I have used Turbo Tax (formerly QuickTax) for years without it having this freezing issue. I used it last year on my Mac Air without any problems. This year's version is just awful. My screen has frozen probably 80 times. I have to go through several steps to unfreeze it and often that does not work. It is taking me forever to produce two tax returns. Very distracting. Very frustrating!!!! "

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

How do I stop this crappy program from constantly freezing. This is the worst product Turbo Tax/Quick Tax has ever produced.

Hello,

Have you tried using a different internet browser?

Here's the ones supported for TurboTax Online: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/System-Requirements/System-requirements-for-T...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted

Hello,

Have you tried using a different internet browser?

Here's the ones supported for TurboTax Online: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/System-Requirements/System-requirements-for-T...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am having the same problem with the software freezing constantly. I have a Mac running on MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.3 and using the browser Safari version 10.0.3. I have to agree with the comments above in that this is the crappiest version of TurboTax yet. I have been using QuickTax since 2007 and have never ever encountered so many problems with a software. Can you please help me or have my purchase refunded?
Highlighted

They won't help you.  They don't even let you speak with a supervisor.  Useless.  They won't refund you either. 

Highlighted

Doesn't work

Highlighted

Have you tried using "Safari"? If yes, and still doesn't help, please contact our customer service who can view your screen and assist you further by entering an escalation for you so that you can have a callback from one of our taxexperts.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

Highlighted
Returning Member

2020 is the worst software ever.  I get frozen on activation (blank screen that stays blank).  Deinstalled browser and went with Microsoft.  Same thing.  Reinstalled Turbo Tax software (download), same thing.

Got a customer support ticket and was given a support line to call.  I'm still on hold and it's been 1hr and 35 minutes.

I've been a customer for 15 years.  This company has become a joke.  I should have just gone to H&R block.

Never again.

Highlighted
Returning Member

...that should have read 2019 is the worst software ever.

1hr 45 minutes on hold.  Still no one.

Highlighted
Returning Member

2hrs 10 minutes on hold.  So much for 7/24 support.

Highlighted

We're sorry for any inconvenience to you.  Please send us a PM so we can assist you.