Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we calculate for vehicle expenses and CCA on 2 vehicles (unique Kms), total in class 10 when we are filing a partnership return split 50% between my wife and I?

I have inputted into one return, but noticed that CCA calculation is defaulted to Auto A, without calculating for Auto B.

I also tried separating the vehicle expenses and CCA for each partner, so that each vehicle can have the correct CCA calculated based on the vehicle used in the business, and % used for business. However in the summary of business, i noticed the Income being split is different, based on the CCA that was calculated. (i thought on both returns the net income should be the same, at which point it is split 50%  ( why does TT allow this different income amounts to exist)

1 Reply

How do we calculate for vehicle expenses and CCA on 2 vehicles (unique Kms), total in class 10 when we are filing a partnership return split 50% between my wife and I?

All Class 10 assets are lumped together in a Class Pool. Only Class 10.1 assets are separated.