Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many returns can I firstly do and secondly net file for family and friends?

I do tax returns for family and friends of family. I know if they make less than a certain amount I can net file all however if they make more than a certain amount I can net file only a certain maximum number. If I need to do a few more what do I need to do? How many can I do on turbo tax and how many can I net file?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

With Turbotax on-line you can create as many returns as you like on one account. But by CRA rule you can only file ( either by NetFile or mail-in) a maximum of 20 returns on any one on-line account. This applies overall, regardless of income of the taxpayer.

For more returns you would have to create more than one on-line account, and/or purchase tax software that will run on your device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

With Turbotax on-line you can create as many returns as you like on one account. But by CRA rule you can only file ( either by NetFile or mail-in) a maximum of 20 returns on any one on-line account. This applies overall, regardless of income of the taxpayer.

For more returns you would have to create more than one on-line account, and/or purchase tax software that will run on your device.
bevpatterson123
Returning Member

I paid $99 to process my return.  How many returns can I now do, if someone has medical

bevpatterson123
Returning Member

Do I have to pay for each return on my on-line account.  How many returns can I do when I purchased delux package

When you bought your Deluxe package it was for 8 returns included and paid for, unless you upgrade or add services while doing your returns. Then, you will have an extra charge added on. If you click upgrade, you will not be able to downgrade. You will have to restart a new return so you don't get charged.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.