Solved: How to claim CCA on 2 vehicles between three renta...

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Member

How to claim CCA on 2 vehicles between three rental properties?

We use our two personal vehicles to manage three different rental properties.  How do we input this in Turbo Tax? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member

How to claim CCA on 2 vehicles between three rental properties?

Having fooled around a bit with personal portions of expenses on the rental form, I believe you can enter both vehicles into one T776 and take 30% of the CCA, then go to the next T776 and input the same details, taking 30% of the CCA, again the next T776 will have the same documentation at 30%.  This will use up 60% of the CCA, leaving 40% as personal, which is probably close enough that CRA won't bother you.  You can only claim the actual fuel and repair receipts for rental expenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
New Member

How to claim CCA on 2 vehicles between three rental properties?

Having fooled around a bit with personal portions of expenses on the rental form, I believe you can enter both vehicles into one T776 and take 30% of the CCA, then go to the next T776 and input the same details, taking 30% of the CCA, again the next T776 will have the same documentation at 30%.  This will use up 60% of the CCA, leaving 40% as personal, which is probably close enough that CRA won't bother you.  You can only claim the actual fuel and repair receipts for rental expenses.

View solution in original post

v