Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I reflect T2022A credit received from my daughter

My daughter is transfering T2022A credit to me.  How do I refect it in my return?  Where do I enter the amount?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Amount transferred from a child
Tuition transfer from a child can be completed in the Deduction section of the return when entering Dependant credits. Follow the steps below to show the tuition transfer:

Make sure you have entered your dependants in the Intro Section of the return. You will not be able to show tuition transferred without entering the dependant.
Go to the Deductions section of the Interview.
Click through the screens to reach the page titled Claims for Dependants. Click YES on this screen to proceed to the Dependants Credits Page.
Click Enter Dependant Credits beside the name of the child/dependant that you wish to claim a dependant credit for.
On the Claim Dependant Credits for (Child/Dependant name) page, check the onscreen box for Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts. Click Continue when you have finished your selections.
On the Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts page, Enter the amounts the student designated to transfer to you on their tax return, T2202 or T2202A form, as well as which parent should claim the amount (if applicable).
Click Continue when you are finished.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Amount transferred from a child
Tuition transfer from a child can be completed in the Deduction section of the return when entering Dependant credits. Follow the steps below to show the tuition transfer:

Make sure you have entered your dependants in the Intro Section of the return. You will not be able to show tuition transferred without entering the dependant.
Go to the Deductions section of the Interview.
Click through the screens to reach the page titled Claims for Dependants. Click YES on this screen to proceed to the Dependants Credits Page.
Click Enter Dependant Credits beside the name of the child/dependant that you wish to claim a dependant credit for.
On the Claim Dependant Credits for (Child/Dependant name) page, check the onscreen box for Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts. Click Continue when you have finished your selections.
On the Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts page, Enter the amounts the student designated to transfer to you on their tax return, T2202 or T2202A form, as well as which parent should claim the amount (if applicable).
Click Continue when you are finished.
michaelparsche
Returning Member

I have added a dependant who has T2202 amounts to transfer. The website keeps stating that the dependant is not a student. How do I indicate that they are a student?