Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't file Online using the Standard Online Edition I bought for $34 dollars. Could you please help.

3 Replies

I can't file Online using the Standard Online Edition I bought for $34 dollars. Could you please help.

I am going to assume you are referring to the 8 pack Standard online edition. If that is the case, there are a few things to remember about this.

There is an 11 digit prepayment code for the online version***, this code is entered at the end when you are just about ready to Netfile. You enter the code on the payment screen. If the code is not working, could be for a few reasons;

•  All 8 tax returns must be completed in the same online account, otherwise, the code will not work. 
  •  Standard Edition only: Do not accept any upgrades while doing your tax return, as this will create a surcharge at the end, on the payment screen. 

If you are still having issues with the code entry, please reach out to us through our social media pages on Facebook or Twitter in a private message, providing us with a screenshot of the payment screen where the error is occurring, as well as a picture of the card itself and the number. Telling us the location of the purchase as well as the city it was purchased in.

***If you have a 21 digit code this means you have purchased the downloaded version of the software, -make sure you select Standard edition- this means you will download the software first and the program will prompt you to enter your 21 digit code - there is no need to go online.***

Footnote: We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information during these difficult times: 

pmsykes1

I am trying to do my 2019 taxes on this standard online edition I bought at staples.  It is only

asking me for 2018 information.  I am not filing for 2018! Something is wrong here.  Can you

explain please.  I usually buy the cd but thought I would try the online version boy I am sorry I did

this.  Thanks for your help  Pauline

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

When you start your return The software asks if you want to file prior-year returns. You might have chosen this option by mistake. 

You will need to start a new return and make sure to answer "no" to this question.

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful