Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

I have a T5 and a T5008 do they both need to be entered? I am not sure what the difference is.

Also the T5008 does not have any boxes on it just total dispositions

3 Replies
Level 1

I have a T5 and a T5008 do they both need to be entered? I am not sure what the difference is.

The T5008 and T5 you were issued may relate to the same investments but both need to be entered as separate slips. The T5008 relates to dispositions of securities held in this investment, and the T5 relates to interest, dividends and other "investment income" earned on that investment.

On the T5008 slip, you need to enter a figure in Box 20. This would be the cost of the fund or Adjusted Cost Base (ACB) and if you do not enter it, you will be paying Capital Gains on that entire amount shown in Box 21. 

Level 1

thank you where do I find Box 20 and 21? they are not on the T5008
Level 1

If you have received a T5008 Summary (no box numbers), you can enter this by going to Income > Investments > Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile. Then check off the box "Sold stocks, bonds, real estate ,etc ", and continue to the Capital Gains page to make your entries.