Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdotaylor

I used Free last year and bought on line Standard for 2017. System is asking me to buy Plus? Is that so Last year's data will transfer to Standard?

1 Reply

I used Free last year and bought on line Standard for 2017. System is asking me to buy Plus? Is that so Last year's data will transfer to Standard?

Did you purchase a "pre-payment" code for TurboTax Standard online?

If so, you don't need to purchase the Plus bundle to be able to transfer your prior year return into this year's return.

Instead:

1. Sign in to TurboTax for tax year 2017 using the same username and password you used last year.
  2. In Return Manager, select the button to start a new return. (If when you sign in, you're already right in a return, navigate to Return Manager by selecting Tools in the upper-right corner and then choosing Return Manager from the menu.)
  3. When TurboTax prompts you to select a version, choose Standard.

TurboTax should then guide you on how to transfer your prior year return into your current year return.

Finally, when you're done and ready to file, TurboTax will prompt you to pay. Here's how you use that pre-payment code: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648021