Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work from home and claim a small % of my home expenses. However I have some costs that are solely business related and I am not sure where to put them to claim 100%

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I work from home and claim a small % of my home expenses. However I have some costs that are solely business related and I am not sure where to put them to claim 100%

If you have expenses that relate to your business 100%, do not include these in the "Business Use of Home" section of TurboTax. These can be entered as "expenses" and placed in the expense section of the T2125 - Statement of Business Activities.

For example: if you incurred expenses to make some repairs to your home office used exclusively for business, enter as "Maintenance & Repair" to claim 100% of the expense.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have expenses that relate to your business 100%, do not include these in the "Business Use of Home" section of TurboTax. These can be entered as "expenses" and placed in the expense section of the T2125 - Statement of Business Activities.

For example: if you incurred expenses to make some repairs to your home office used exclusively for business, enter as "Maintenance & Repair" to claim 100% of the expense.