Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallpaul8

I would like to submit my 2017 returns to CRA from Florida in April 2018. What do I need in order to be able to do this?

How do I get my T-4s electronically?  Can I transfer my info from my laptop to my PC when I get home in May 2018?  Can I download a Canadian TurboTax Program from Florida?  Will the Basic package allow use on two computers or do I need another package?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I would like to submit my 2017 returns to CRA from Florida in April 2018. What do I need in order to be able to do this?

You may be able to download your T4's from CRA, assuming your employer sent them in in good time.  You will need a My Account at CRA to do this.Click on the blue register button.  It takes about 10 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individua...

You can either download a software package or do your taxes using the online versions through your browser.  I personally prefer the installed download version, but either one gets the job done.  You will need to pay with a Canadian credit card, and use your Canadian address.  If you move out of Canada you will need to mail it in.

Two installations are allowed. You will be able to transfer files.  If you use the online versions, your returns will remain on the server for two years.  You can access them from any computer.  Always print a copy for your records.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You may be able to download your T4's from CRA, assuming your employer sent them in in good time.  You will need a My Account at CRA to do this.Click on the blue register button.  It takes about 10 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individua...

You can either download a software package or do your taxes using the online versions through your browser.  I personally prefer the installed download version, but either one gets the job done.  You will need to pay with a Canadian credit card, and use your Canadian address.  If you move out of Canada you will need to mail it in.

Two installations are allowed. You will be able to transfer files.  If you use the online versions, your returns will remain on the server for two years.  You can access them from any computer.  Always print a copy for your records.