Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In 2016 I purchased a rental condo, but I did not record the asset that year for future CCA claims. How do I claim CCA without the asset on record and i future years?

1 Reply

In 2016 I purchased a rental condo, but I did not record the asset that year for future CCA claims. How do I claim CCA without the asset on record and i future years?

You will need to file an adjustment request for the 2016 income tax return.  Please see the following instructions on how to submit an adjustment request, 

The CRA requires that you wait until you’ve received your notice of assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you. So, it’s best to wait for your NOA as you might not even need to file an adjustment.

If you filed your original tax return using CRA’s NETFILE service:

1. Sign in to your online TurboTax account or launch your edition of TurboTax CD/download for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for.
  2. In Return Manager, select the ReFILE button beside the filed tax return you want to adjust.

If you printed and mailed your original tax return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:

1. See the CRA’s How to change your return page for how to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail.