Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In employment related driving, motor vehicle expenses turbo tax has bought forward a UCC value from previous year; however it does not generate a CCA. Why might this be?

7 Replies

In employment related driving, motor vehicle expenses turbo tax has bought forward a UCC value from previous year; however it does not generate a CCA. Why might this be?

Make sure to provide mileage information in the Auto Expenses section. The CCA calculation is displayed in the Auto Expenses Summary screen.

yes, i did that. Turbo tax has allowed me a deduction for other motor vehicle expenses OK, but just hasn't calculated a CCA - or rather the CCA is shown as zero (The UCC was $6850)

Remove the UCC amount, click done with auto. Then go back in and add the UCC and click done with auto. This should recalculate the allowable CCA. The CCA amount can be changed so do not click on the CCA calculation field in the summary or it may delete it.

Entry and calculation for CCA in Employment Expenses for Automobile. (see screen shot).

Thanks. Tried that - same result. Then tried deleting everything on motor vehicle expenses and reentering it all - same result.  I wonder if there is a glitch in the turbo-tax program?

I produced the screen shots above using Turbo Tax and calculated the amount for CCA. You can use the UCC x 30% and reduced by your mileage fraction to calculate the allowable CCA and enter the sum in the field provided.

Thanks Terry - looks like that's a good suggestion