Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone provide input on how to properly input information for two leased vehicles used in the same year for self-employment reasons?

I am self employed and leased a new vehicle part way through the year (with different payments). I use this vehicle to earn self-employment income and I cannot seem to find how to input this vehicle information. My information from the previous year in TT was carried over but I can't see anything for adding a new vehicle. Thanks.

1 Reply

Can someone provide input on how to properly input information for two leased vehicles used in the same year for self-employment reasons?

In the vehicles expenses section, you'll find two spots for information - vehicle A and vehicle B. The vehicle A information has been carried forward. Enter the additional information for that vehicle in the Vehicle A column. In the vehicle B column, enter the mileage and expenses for that vehicle alone.

In the Fixed Assets section of the expenses, you'll record the addition of the new vehicle and the disposal of the old one.