Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to increase font size? I have to use a magnifying glass. I do not have this issue with any other program or app

22 Replies

Is there any way to increase font size? I have to use a magnifying glass. I do not have this issue with any other program or app

If you are using TurboTax Online, you can increase the font size by clicking into an area using [Ctrl]-[+] on your keyboard. To decrease the font size use [Ctrl]-[-]. This works on most web-pages.

If you are still having problems viewing text or other items on the screen, you can change the scaling of things in Windows itself.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

[ctrl[ [+] works for web pages and some Turbotax dialogue screens. If I change windows scaling everything else is too large. 

My issue is with the forms - e.g rental income.  You fill the form directly but the form size is way too small - hence the magnifying glass. It seems crazy to me that I need to change the windows scaling for this program only.  I also can't believe I am the only person having a problem.

I use the downloaded version.

Thanks

Click on the Text Size icon (AA) in the blue menu bar to change the size of the text in TurboTax CD/Download.

Hi Susan, my issue is not with the font size in the body of Turbo Tax but the blue upper menu bar itself.  This has been an issue for years but, as I age, I am finding it harder and harder to read.  I have tried to change the size of wondows fonts but this only affects the body of the program and not the menu bar itself.  The white menu bar above it is fine but the pictures and text below them are probably 2 point font.  Any idea how I can make these bigger.  It would help a lot when filing this year.  Please let me know.  Thank you very much.

@John Smith 1 

Unfortunately, there’s no way to change the size of the blue menu items within the TurboTax program.

You can go into the settings for Windows and change the scale setting, but this will apply to all programs on your computer, not just TurboTax.

There is also a magnification tool built into Windows that will make the whole screen bigger.

Hi Susan, thank you for your reply. I was able to change the font size in windows and it did change it for everything but the blue menu bar. Hopefully the programmers at TurboTax can up the font size on future versions so we can see what we are selecting.  Thank you again. 

I have passed on your comments to our product development team. Thank you for your input.

FYI: If you hover over an icon with your mouse cursor for a few seconds, it will give you a little pop-up telling you what it is.

C6H6tp5

Yes. I am using my MacBook pro by holding down: Option + Command + 8 to activate big fonts. I opened it up in the LG (32 inches) – FONTS ARE REALLY BIG! To center it – you must adjust and play with it when you hit – Option + Command + 8 one more time to deactivate it. Hope this helps!
NOTE: Turbotax, Home & Business 2023

@C6H6tp5 Thank you for your post, but this is the forum for TurboTax Canada. The Canadian version of TurboTax CD/Download is for Windows 10 & 11 only - Mac shortcuts won't work.