Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ventrems

I moved from Toronto to Vancouver for a new job. How to calculate the distance from old home to new job? Is it driving route within Canada (i.e., as Google Maps shows)?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I moved from Toronto to Vancouver for a new job. How to calculate the distance from old home to new job? Is it driving route within Canada (i.e., as Google Maps shows)?

It is a very good idea to use Google maps to show the route taken and the total mileage.  This can then be printed and saved with your copy of the tax return and receipts.  If CRA asks for details and support for your claim, you have everything needed to prove it out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It is a very good idea to use Google maps to show the route taken and the total mileage.  This can then be printed and saved with your copy of the tax return and receipts.  If CRA asks for details and support for your claim, you have everything needed to prove it out.