Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Jan 10, 2022 6:21:26 PM

Keep getting oops we encountered an error with business expenses. does anyone have suggestions?

0 15 2161
15 Replies
Level 2
Jan 11, 2022 6:03:26 AM

I'm getting this message as well.

Jan 12, 2022 5:34:18 AM

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team for more help.

Level 2
Jan 12, 2022 9:59:56 AM

I spoke with Tech support, and they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Do you have an updated status?

Jan 13, 2022 1:12:39 PM

Can you please confirm with us which TurboTax software and version you are using? Are you using Online or CD/Download?

Are you stuck on the error page or can you click on a Back or Continue button? 

This information is required so we can possibly replicate the error message you are receiving so we can find the resolution.

Level 2
Jan 13, 2022 1:26:54 PM

I'm using the online version. In Self employment income, after the page "......, did you make a Year-End Adjustment", and hit "Continue". Then the "Oops we encountered an error" shows up. The only options are "Go to Start of the Interview" or "Open Return Manager".

Jan 14, 2022 11:24:09 AM

Thank you for the information. We will use it to see if we can recreate the error and work on correcting this for you. We will update you as soon as we have any information.

We appreciate your patience.

Jan 16, 2022 2:06:30 PM

Im having the same issue I have tried all recommended troubleshooting and nothing has rectified the issue.

Jan 18, 2022 12:32:36 PM

Our development team is aware of this issue and are working to resolve this error, ASAP. We will update this thread when more information becomes available. 

Level 2
Jan 21, 2022 7:56:00 PM

I'm no longer getting the "oops" message, but still cannot go any further on this screen. ".... , did you make a Year-End Adjustment". I click "No", but cannot go any further. It keeps cycling back to this page. 

Level 2
Jan 25, 2022 4:32:19 AM

Turbotax Support - when can we expect this to be resolved? No longer getting the "Oops..." message, but still cannot proceed any further.

Jan 31, 2022 7:54:12 AM

Please try clearing your cache or using another browser. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear your cache in many popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you still cannot proceed, please let us know.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Level 2
Jan 31, 2022 8:01:51 AM

No, this hasn't helped. Have tried a few different browsers and still the same problem.

Jan 31, 2022 8:34:01 AM

Thank you for the feedback. We will notify our team and advise you when the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Feb 27, 2022 10:04:54 AM

I have the same issue,  tried to use different browsers, but I cannot save data from CRA.

I didn’t have any issues last year. Are you going to fix it somehow?

thanks

Apr 24, 2022 8:57:53 PM

I'm getting the same error now. Browser change/clear cache didn't help.