Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosseel

Life insurance policy was cashed in and capital gains were deducted at source will I have to get the premier edition of turbo tax or will standard do

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Life insurance policy was cashed in and capital gains were deducted at source will I have to get the premier edition of turbo tax or will standard do

The online version of Turbotax standard will not be able to deal with capital gains.  You will need to upgrade, of buy the download or disc version of Standard.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The online version of Turbotax standard will not be able to deal with capital gains.  You will need to upgrade, of buy the download or disc version of Standard.

rosseel

I have the standard disc version of turbo tax here , haven't loaded it on my computer until I knew it was capable  of handling capital gains

If you have the CD version of Standard, you can prepare your entire tax return including entering the capital gains.