Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I claim insur, fuel, cca, lease paymt's/t2200 -fixed amt rec'd and per k rec'd and amt included in t4 so i'm being taxed right? Can I claim more?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim insur, fuel, cca, lease paymt's/t2200 -fixed amt rec'd and per k rec'd and amt included in t4 so i'm being taxed right? Can I claim more?

Information is here on what you can claim.  Be aware that you cannot claim CCA on a lease vehicle.  Also, since CRA is quite rabid about employment expense, make sure you have a log to prove your mileage and expenses are business related.  If the vehicle is for personal use as well, you need a way to calculate the percentage of business and personal.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns206-236/229/slry/mtrvhcl-eng.h...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Information is here on what you can claim.  Be aware that you cannot claim CCA on a lease vehicle.  Also, since CRA is quite rabid about employment expense, make sure you have a log to prove your mileage and expenses are business related.  If the vehicle is for personal use as well, you need a way to calculate the percentage of business and personal.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns206-236/229/slry/mtrvhcl-eng.h...

Thank you very much! I have mileage log. Is it ok to include the receipts for insurance and fuel and then show the amount that they reimbursed. Maybe the difference is what I get back?

Exactly. Best to do a spreadsheet, like Excel, to total it all up, and then keep it with your recipts and log in case they ask for the support.

Exactly. Best to tally everything up on a spreadsheet like Excel, and then keep it with the receipts and the log in case CRA asks to see it.

ok thanks Dephision, good to know about the lease and CCA, geeze. not fair but ok...so yes I took the amount that was on the t2200 total was say 10k I forget, total car expenses and then I took the receipts and put them in and the difference was minor but allowable I guess.

Money is money!