Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More on Schedule 14 Climate Action Incentive. There is a glitch.

The Climate Action Incentive is available to any Ontarian over the age of 18.  Page one of the form reads, ANY of the following 1) over 18 2) married 3) dependents.  Not ALL of the following.  ANY means one of, or two of, or even three of.  When I create an imaginary spouse, the form completes properly.  Please correct this glitch.

10 Replies

There is no glitch. I started a new return, but this time using a single person and came to the same conclusion as previously answered. (Refer to the link below for the previous reply).

Can you please try to toggle the button in S14, you will see that the amount adds or removes itself from the form. Which translates to the T1 line 449 accordingly. 

Previous post reply: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3766098

For further clarification, please contact our support team to assist you personally, here is how: I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you?https://bit.ly/2SFUDdG  

You must have a different version.  I do two single person tax returns.  I click and unclick but no amount appears.  It is only when I add a spouse that the incentive appears.    CD Version 00.01.42 Build 4003 (068G17)

@david.r.moffat  I'm really sorry you are still having problems with this. I just downloaded it to my personal computer this morning. I have the exact same version.  You may want to contact our support team for  further assistance.  Good luck!

@TurboTaxLise @david.r.moffat I just updated to Version 00.01.52 Build 5005 (068G19).  For myself and my spouse the incentive ONLY works correctly when my spouse applies.  For my mother (a widow, no spouse) checking and unchecking and re-checking does not claim the Base amount ($154.00) and the field remains 0.00.  This is a bug.

@stephen.paterson -There is no bug -  I just finished several tax returns for varying family members and all my CAI amounts calculated correctly based on the information implemented for each individual circumstance. I would suggest you contact our care team for further assistance on the matter. Please follow directives given above to contact them.

@TurboTaxLise Have you tried updating a document that was created with the first release of TT2018 Standard?

@stephen.paterson  - Please contact the support team, as they will be able to view your screen and determine what is preventing the calculation. Thank you.

The issue has been resolved on my end by upgrading to Standard from Basic.  A Tier 2 Support Tech confirmed there was an issue as described by myself on my machine and escalated the issue to Tier 3.  Whether the issue is unique to my machine or Basic in general is no longer my issue.  

@TurboTaxLise This is a bug.  It affects returns created by the initial release of TT18 for Windows.  If I create a new return with the current TT18 for Windows there is no problem.  If I edit a return created by the initial release of TT18 for Windows the problem is obvious.