Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My return is showing Other Income but I can't find the entry to delete it. Where is it hiding?

8 Replies

My return is showing Other Income but I can't find the entry to delete it. Where is it hiding?

Line 130 - Other income contains taxable income not included in other categories. Common sources of other income include scholarships/bursaries, retiring allowances, lump-sum payments, death benefits, and payments from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).

Other Income amounts can come from a number of sources, including Box 66 or 67 from your T4 slip.

This CRA website has more information on Line 130 - Other income  : https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

ZosiaS

This is a Turbotax programming glitch.  When I input my T4A(P) slip, TurboTax puts boxes 14 and 19 to separate lines.  When the return is filed with CRA, CRA adds the missing amount to the total of CPP received, does not realize the amount on line 13000  was part of the T4A(P) and so charges you additional tax.

To fix this, Use box 20 amount only and put that amount in TurboTax's  box 14, and ignore TurboTax's box 19.

The TurboTax advisor helping me did not realize this was a program glitch that ends up leading to the taxpayer paying more taxes.  It is a TurboTax error.

If you haven't filed your return yet, you will have to edit the T4A(P) slip to correct this.  TurboTax needs to fix this glitch.  I just retired but had been doing taxes using professional tax software since 1994.  Sophie S.

ZosiaS

the amount showing as Other Income may be from your T4A(P) slip.  TurboTax has a glitch where it shows box 14 as a pension and box 19, the post-retirement benefit, as Other Income.  That is wrong as CRA does not recognize this and when you file your return, CRA adds back the Box 19 amount to the pension line, so you end up paying tax on box 19 twice.

To fix this, enter the amount of box 20 on the T4A(P) slip in TurboTax's box 14 and ignore TurboTax's box 19.

Meanwhile TurboTax should fix this glitch.  the amount on the pension line of the tax return should show the total of boxes 14 and 19 - that is what CRA's computer is looking for.

Beanoe

This doesn’t solve the problem!!

Beanoe

I done as you instructed by just using box 14 but there was still other income showing!!!

Line 13000: Other income

Line 13000 contains taxable income not included in other categories. Common sources of other income include retiring allowances, lump-sum payments, death benefits, and payments from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).

Line 13000 amounts are transferred from a number of sources:

• Box 18, 24, 28, 40, 42, 106, 130, 133, 134, 136, 194 from your T4A slips
  • Box 22, 26 from your T3 slips
  • Box 16, 20, 22 from your T4RIF slips
  • Box 66, 67 from your T4 slips

To review and confirm the source amounts of your other income on line 13000:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find.
  2. In the Find window, type T-Slips.
  3. Select T-Slips from the list, and select Go.

Note: The T4A amounts from box 105 that are not eligible for scholarship exemption are reported on line 13010.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Beanoe

Thank you for your help!!

I didn’t know the amount in box 66 went to other income.

so much for a retirement allowance because it’s all going back to cra!! Woe is me!!

thanks again!

t

You're welcome, have a nice day.