Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmarasco

Can't input Business Income on T2125, it's greyed out, can't unselect Professional Income

I opened the form T2125 to enter my business income, filled out the identification section then scrolled down to enter my business income ... but Part 1 - Business Income was 'blued' out and Part 2 - Professional Income was 'X'd' ... and I couldn't delete the X.  Please tell me how to fix this.  Screen print attached.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

Can't input Business Income on T2125, it's greyed out, can't unselect Professional Income

There are 3 types of T2125 in TurboTax. There is the T2125P (for professional), T2125B (for most businesses) and T2125C (for commission).

View solution in original post

9 Replies
lmarasco

How do I delete the T2125 P1 and P2 that I don't need? Please
TaxHelp5

To delete the form go to the Edit in the menu bar, click on Forms, then Clear current form. Make sure you are on the form you want to delete.
lmarasco

thanks
TaxHelp5

There are 3 types of T2125 in TurboTax. There is the T2125P (for professional), T2125B (for most businesses) and T2125C (for commission).

lmarasco

The only forms I can select are T2125 P1 for Business1, P2 for Business 2 ... up to 4 ... there is no form T2125B in my forms drop down!!!!!
lmarasco

Never mind, I searched for T2125B and found it.  This software gets worse every year.   Thanks for your prompt answer though.
lmarasco

The forms drop down should be sorted by forms number ... suggest to your powers that be

I used this form last year to input my income and expenses for small business. I bought a CD last year but decided to go online this year, but I can't access this form. Please advise. 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Online has the easy setup mode only, it doesn't provide the forms view. However, you can fill the T2125 form by searching for "self-employment" using the magnifying glass on the top bar. 

If you chose the wrong type of business (professional, fishing, etc) and entered some information, you will have to delete the T2125 form and start a new form with the correct business type. 

Check these links for more information:

Vehicle expenses: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/claims-deductions-donations/help/how-do-i-claim-cca-o...

Home expenses: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-claim-home-office-expenses/0...

I hope this was helpful