Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMantle

Does entering info on form T5008 automatically update Schedule 3 for capital gains? It does not seem to do so on mine.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does entering info on form T5008 automatically update Schedule 3 for capital gains? It does not seem to do so on mine.

On the T5008 there is a spot to indicate if the income is a Capital GAin, or Investment income.  In most cases the income is a Capital gain, and if indicated this will be reflected on the Schedule 3.

If the income is indicated as Investment income, this is then reported on the Schedule 4.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

On the T5008 there is a spot to indicate if the income is a Capital GAin, or Investment income.  In most cases the income is a Capital gain, and if indicated this will be reflected on the Schedule 3.

If the income is indicated as Investment income, this is then reported on the Schedule 4.

mac319

I have done that but the gain is not appearing on schedule 3

Where do I see it on the summary?

@mac319 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

mac319

Turbotax online (unfortunately)

You will find it on line 127 - Taxable Capital Gains on your Detailed Tax Summary.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mac319

So I am having a lot of problems with this software.

I cannot see T!.

I cannot see a detailed calculation of Fed. and Provincial Tax.

How do I see LIne 127 if I can't see the T!.

Is there something I can do to see at least a draft T!?

Mac

@mac319 

To see a detailed summary of your return using TurboTax Online, click the first arrow below your estimated refund amount in the side panel, then select the option for View detailed tax summary. The Detailed Summary page will appear, giving you line-by-line information regarding your income and credits.

You'll have the option to preview your T1 and other tax forms before you file your return.