Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why it doubles the amonut of my T5 income? how to solve the error?

My T5 income amount was AUTO REFILL from CRA and the amount was right, but in the total income summary, the T5 amount is double. Why? how to solve the error.

It maybe a software program?  

My wife's T5 income situation is same.

looking for answer.

5 Replies

Please remove the T5 slips and re-enter it manually.  Sorry for the inconvenience but this way it will not be reported twice.

Leandro

Don't understand the solution provided. If I manually re-enter the T5 boxes 24,25 and 26 it keeps adding them, which is incorrect. Could you please get this issue to be reviewed by  Software Suport.  Thanks

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

You will need to review your T5 slips and make sure you don't have any double entries. If you do:

• remove the T5 slips imported from the data transfer by AFR from CRA
  • add the T5 slips you have manually by using the "find" engine on the top bar and search for T5

This way you will ensure that you have the income from the T5 entered once. 

I hope this was helpful

Leandro

Hello and thanks for the prompt reply.  Let me explain: I have just two T5 from different institutions and NO DUPLICATES.

One of them is for savings account interests (Box 13).  >>  NO problem

The other one is for Elegible Dividends (Boxes 24,25,26) and noticed  Boxes 10,11 and 12 show the same problem.

For instance:   If I enter Box24 = $30.00, Box25= $10.00, Box= $20.00  it comes with a Total of $60.00 (adds up everything) then IT IS WRONG.

I insist in having this issue escalated to Software Support.

Thanks

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

The actual dividend amount is different from the reported Eligible Dividend amount. The numbers you gave me do not add up. So, i am not sure if you were giving me the numbers on your T-slip or you were just giving me an example. 

Before Escalating the problem, we need to try to help with your return but privately. Can you please contact our support team at:  

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/