Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vantershe
Returning Member

How do i change professional income to business income without reentering my information?the program keeps defaulting to T2125 P and I can't switch it to business.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i change professional income to business income without reentering my information?the program keeps defaulting to T2125 P and I can't switch it to business.

In TurboTax for Windows, the T2125 P for professional income and T2125 B for other types of businesses are separate forms.  Unfortunately you will have to clear the data from the T2125P and reenter it on the T2125B.

CTRL+F will bring up the form search window.  Enter T2125B in the search  so that the T2125B becomes the first result

View solution in original post

6 Replies

In TurboTax for Windows, the T2125 P for professional income and T2125 B for other types of businesses are separate forms.  Unfortunately you will have to clear the data from the T2125P and reenter it on the T2125B.

CTRL+F will bring up the form search window.  Enter T2125B in the search  so that the T2125B becomes the first result

AB323

You can get the form to default to general business as long as you don't check any of the boxes for professional, fishermen, or other when you select 'self-employment'.  I think you may still be have to re-enter your data. the program will create a second 'business' form.  You can go in and delete the first business so that both are not included in your return.

I can't believe it can't be programed so a change is easily made. What are we paying for?

Unfortunately, you will need to start a new business and delete the professional one when done. The information will need to be reentered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

AK78

I agree there needs to be a way to do this, OR, EVEN BETTER, make it easier to distinguish what type of business we are at the start.  I'm a part-time renovator.  You'd think it would be obvious what category I should be in, but I don't find it obvious at all.

@AK78 

I have passed on your comments & suggestions to our product development team.

Thank you for your input.