Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hab77
Returning Member

Moved from On to AB in 2020. Kept same college job because it became virtual teaching. Can I claim virtual teaching income as "work" in AB ?

3 Replies

Moved from On to AB in 2020. Kept same college job because it became virtual teaching. Can I claim virtual teaching income as "work" in AB ?

Yes, it is still work- even if you are doing it online you need to claim all income, no matter which Province you lived in. 

hab77
Returning Member

For income tax purposes you can only claim your moving expenses AGAINST income in the new province or place you moved to. I should have worded the question better. Is this virtual work , income I can claim my moving expenses against. I have regular work in the new province that qualifies but I am unclear about the virtual work income.

When you moved, was your job virtual or was it to be at a workplace? 

Please contact CRA as they will advise you on what you should claim at this time.