Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFile error keeps trying to get me to specify Covid-19 work from home expenses on T-4, but I am a regular work from home employee. How to clear this error?

3 Replies

NetFile error keeps trying to get me to specify Covid-19 work from home expenses on T-4, but I am a regular work from home employee. How to clear this error?

I have exactly the same issue. It wants me to answer yes on my Tv for COVID but that doesn't work with any method other than the flat rate of 400 for work from home but Im in a different situation. 

Did yu get this to work?

Well...i printed my forms, since i could not netfile, and a found a form T777S in the batch that was holding me up.

The online version of TurboTax did not provide direct access to individual forms, so I had to call for support, and got a callback within less than 10min.

The agent knew exactly what to do, and guided me back to the Income/Employment Expense section, where i she had me select T2200S in order to check the Covid expense entry...we found that data existed in that form, and we deleted the entries.

Afterward, we circled back again and selected T2200S again to confirm that entries were cleared.

Then we went back once more, to select the correct path for me, T2200 and we found that my data existed in the correct entries. We noted that the final value did not change in upper left corner, so the data was being used in the overall calculation. 

After clearing the data as described above, I was able to Netfile right away. 

This worked for me 7 hours before the year's deadline. God bless you for this. problem is that data remains stored in the T2200s workflow if you have entered it once, even though you now select T2200. And that causes a conflict! I'll remember this next year.